Nyora Raceway Inc.
Terms and Conditions 2020
- Family Membership is 2 Adults and any children residing at the same address under 18 years of age and not driving.
- Single Membership is 17 years and older.
- Junior membership is 10 – 16 years of age requiring a speedway licence.
- All Licences and pit passes are issued through your chosen class governing body. Please contact them regarding your requirements.
- Membership is valid until the 30th of June in each year unless removed by an infringement.
- SOCIAL MEDIA/NETWORKING
Any form of Social networking (this includes Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat/Instagram texting etc.) by a Nyora Raceway Inc. member, that is used to INTIMIDATE or HARRASS any other member will have the matter investigated. If the matter is deemed to be proven and correct, those considered involved may be required to appear before the committee. Proven offences will carry a minimum three-month suspension from the club for the first offence. It should be noted that where the responsible persons are not directly involved with the club but are clearly family members or friends then it will be the member who shall suffer the consequences.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
Conduct unbecoming to Nyora Raceway Inc. will not be tolerated.
Any driver/crew member, club member entering the space of another driver/crew member resulting in an altercation will be deemed responsible for the altercation. A penalty/fine for conduct unbecoming will be issued by the committee with the penalty/fine to be served/paid before that members membership will be reinstated.
- LIQUOR AND DRUGS
- Any person involved in the competition or running of a race meeting shall not have consumed any intoxicating liquor or used any illegal drugs for at least 12 hours prior to the start of that meeting.
- The carrying or consumption of intoxicating liquor or illegal drugs in the pit/racing area is prohibited, whilst the meeting is in progress.
- Blood alcohol content tests may be part of the race meeting and the Chief Steward may order any person to undergo such a test. The maximum blood alcohol content permitted 0.02%. Any person found with, a reading over this limit shall not be allowed to take any further part in the meeting and may be subject to further penalty and shall be asked to leave the grounds for the remainder of the meet.
- Random drug testing may be carried out on drivers/crew/officials at anytime.
- If any official is of the belief that another official, crew or Competitor is under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol, The Police will be contacted to administer the appropriate tests.
Exclusion of Liability
Except to the extent that terms are implied into a contract for the sale of goods and services by the Trades Practices Act 1974 or other legislation, and cannot by contract be excluded, I agree that in consideration of being allowed to participate in Speedway Activities of the Nyora Raceway Inc., that the Nyora Raceway Inc., and its Directors, Officers, Employees, agents or contractors are absolved from all liability however arising from any injury or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) due to any act of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law (other than gross negligence), breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of the Nyora Raceway Inc.
Release and Indemnity
In consideration of the Nyora Raceway Inc.providing me with a membership, which entitles me to engage in Speedway Activities of the Nyora Raceway Inc., I by signing this application agree to:
- Release and forever discharge the Nyora Raceway Inc.its directors, officers, employees, agents or contractors from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses however arising that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my involvement in Speedway Activities of the Nyora Raceway Inc.
- Indemnify the Nyora Raceway Inc. its directors, officers, employees, agents, or contractors to the extent permitted under the Trades Practice Act 1974 or otherwise by law in respect of any actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, arising as a result of or in connection with my involvement in Speedway Activities of the Nyora Raceway Inc. whether caused or contributed to, directly or indirectly, by any act of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law (other than gross negligence), breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of the Nyora Raceway Inc.
Warning and Acknowledgement of Risks, Dangers
I acknowledge that speedway racing is dangerous and serious accidents can and do happen which may result in me being injured or my death. By signing this form, I declare that I have voluntarily read and understood this Warning, the Exclusion of Liability and the Release and Indemnity sections and that I accept and assume the risk of injury from participating in speedway racing or participating in any activity carried out by the Nyora Raceway Inc. (‘Speedway Activities’)
Fitness to Participate
I declare that I am medically and physically fit and free from impairment and able to participate in Speedway Activities. I have undertaken or will undertake all necessary medical and/or fitness assessments and examinations required.
Contacting Nyora Raceway Inc.
UPDATED: 1 June 2020